Take Action: Urge Your Legislators to Support Full Funding for Magnets and Open Choice
There are only 8 days left in the legislative session, and it is very important that we send a message to our legislators to support full funding for magnet schools and Open Choice in the 2014-15 school year (as reported recently, the governor’s budgetneglected to include all the funds necessary to maintain “current services” in the Sheff magnets, and it is up to the general assembly to add these funds back in).
You can locate your legislator’s phone and email here.
The message can be as short as you want but should include something like: “Please support full funding for regional magnet schools and Open Choice” – plus you can add your own personal info.
If you have a few extra minutes, it would be great if you could call and leave messages for these state leaders (and you can ask your own legislator to contact these leaders also):
- President Pro Tempore Don Williams: 860.240.8614
- Senate Majority Leader Martin Looney: 860.240.8629
- Speaker Brendan Sharkey: 860.240.8500
- House Majority Leader Joe Aresimowicz: 860.240.8489
- Finance Committee Co-Chair John Fonfara: 860.240.0043
- Finance Committee Co-Chair Pat Widlitz: 860.240.8585
- Governor Dannel Malloy: 860.566.4840