SMC Co-Sponsoring “Where Integration Meets Innovation” Conference
In collaboration with One Nation Indivisible, the Sheff Movement coalition will co-sponsor Where Integration Meets Innovation: Creating, Sustaining and Improving Dynamic & Diverse Public Schools for the 21st Century on November 8-9, 2013 in Hartford.
This interactive 2-day conference brings together parents, educators, scholars and activists who aspire to build innovative, racially and culturally diverse public schools that prepare children for learning, work and life in the 21st century. During our two days together, we will:
- Visit inspiring, groundbreaking schools and see 21st century integrated education in action
- Learn about ways parents and educators can affect policy and inform the national conversation about education
- Listen to each other’s stories about local challenges and work collaboratively toward solutions
- Celebrate our successes and talk about how to replicate them
- Hear about new research on the benefits of diversity and practice using this knowledge to inspire action
- Discuss controversial, crucial topics–race, inequality, bias–in a safe space
- Explore lesson plans and curriculum that build 21st century skills and harness the potential of diversity
- Grow a network of people who share a commitment to educating students for a diverse and changing world
- Create innovative ways of working together after we go home
The conference is free and open to the public, but please register here.