Join Us for “Mix It Up Greater Hartford” on October 28
Recognizing that educators play a crucial role in creating learning environments where diversity is valued as an asset that is to be celebrated and cultivated, the Sheff Movement invites all educators across Greater Hartford to participate in Mix It Up Greater Hartford.
Mix It Up Greater Hartford is an opportunity to learn about some of the ways that local educators build community and social awareness in their classrooms and schools. Mix It Up Greater Hartford aims to recognize and highlight this important work, which happens on a daily basis in our region.
- During the Day (for students): Teaching Tolerance’s Mix It Up at Lunch Day is a national campaign that encourages students to identify, question, and cross social boundaries by connecting with someone new over lunch. Is it your first time participating in Mix It Up at Lunch? Teaching Tolerance has shared this handout with us, which provides six key steps for planning a successful event.
- In the Evening (for educators): Connect with local educators who are working to promote social justice, equity, and inclusion in their schools and classrooms at our Mix It Up Teacher Appreciation Reception from 5-7pm at Real Art Ways (56 Arbor Street in Hartford). Thanks to the generosity of our local business community, we will be raffling off the following prizes at the reception:
- Voucher for two tickets to a Hartford Symphony Orchestra concert (choose from Masterworks or Pops!)
- Free month of unlimited yoga from West Hartford Yoga
- Free Saturday Brunch at Dakota Steakhouse
- $20 worth of gift certificates from ION Restaurant
- Two Tickets to Real Art Ways (5 sets will be raffled)